Confidence in Your Calling
Dick Hardy 0:00
Chris Colvin, what is one thing you want every pastor to know today?
Chris Colvin 0:04
Well, I tell you Dick, one thing I want every pastor to know is that you are enough. You’re called and God has equipped those who he has called.
Chris Colvin 0:14
I want to tell you a lot of times as pastors, we think we don’t have enough. We don’t have enough research. We don’t have enough time. We don’t have enough stories. We’re not as good as the pastor down the street.
Have you ever sat down to write your message for the weekend and realized you don’t know where to start? Take a look at the Sermon Starters PDF for a multitude of effective strategies to get you started.
Chris Colvin 0:23
Let me tell you something. You are more than adequate. You are a great pastor. You are enough.
- You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. John 15:16
- The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:24
- Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. Mark 16:15
- Nevertheless, each person should live as a believer in whatever situation the Lord has assigned to them, just as God has called them. 1 Corinthians 7:17
Chris Colvin 0:30
A lot of times we get this imposter syndrome. We think, man, if they knew what went on Monday through Friday in my office, how scattered I was, how I’m coming up with stuff at the last minute…
Chris Colvin 0:42
I want to set your mind at ease and let you know you are enough. Pastor, God has equipped those he’s called, and you are doing a great job.
Dick Hardy 0:51
Chris Colvin, that is gold. Pastors, pay attention, that you can take it all the way to the bank. Be blessed!
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
- To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 1 Peter 2:21
- God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:9
Check out these blogs on preaching, as well.
Want your sermons to get better every single week? Check out It Takes a Team to learn about 4 teams you can build or involve in your sermons.
Like this post? Sign up for our free blog updates to never miss a post. We’ll send you a FREE ebook to say “Thank You.”